Re: Mundane Superman versus Magical Superman

From: TheCam_at_...
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 02:09:11 EDT

> My current idea, still being thought out, is to slowly increase

> Ability costs. 1HP per +1 up to 20, 2 HP per +1 up to 20W, etc. Or

> maybe 1 per up to 20W, 2 per up to 20W2, as I say I'm still thinking.

> Magic stays constant. This ties in with my idea of making 'Close

> Combat' more expensive, but increasing individual styles at a lower

> rate. Thus after 20, CC would be 2 HP per +1, but Sword and Shield

> would be 1 HP (always 1 HP cheaper).

> Wulf

I was thinking of something similar. Originally, I was thinking that the cost would be increased by the number of masteries that the skill would become. While this worked ok for low masteries, at higher masteries, it didn't seem like much. (going from 3w3 to 6w3 in a skill unrelated to the session would cost 12+3 or 15 hero points.)

Another idea that I had was that the cost would be multiplied by 1 + the number of masteries the skill would become (1 mastery, x2; 2 masteries, x3; etc.) but that could become very expensive (bringing a skill from 3w3 to 6w3 in a skill unrelated to the session would cost 13x4 or 48 hero points!). Of course, at that level, maybe it should be that expensive to increase a skill that much (bringing a skill from 3w3 to 4w3 in a skill related to the session would only cost 1x4 or 4 hero points, after all.)

Anyway, I'm leaning towards the second method since I really think that the better you get, the harder that it should be for you to get better.

Camo