Re: combat question

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 09:58:50 -0400

James Turner wrote:

> This is a common combat situation in past games of mine, how do I handle
> this in HW?
>
> Players get charged by enemy.
> Combat starts with players throwing a javelin (or firing a ruddy great
> crossbow).
> Enemies close for hack'n'slash.
>
> Usually there is only one 'round' of missile combat before the close combat.

Since the eventual goal of the engagemnt is going to be bloody, righteous, up close and dirty, who's your daddy hand-to-hand combat, I'd let the players start off with their Close Combat AP's and then switch to their ranged or magic to deal with the approach.

Its worked well for me but others may differ. If a player wants to use his ranged skill to generate AP's he's got to be good at keeping his distance.

Jeff