Re: combat question

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_...>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 16:40:35 +0200

HW-rules 00-07-07 14.17

>>Personally, when there's no way for the targets to shoot back, I will
>>run missile combat as simple contests, then switch to close combat as
>>an extended (group) contest on contact.
>
>Yes, I was thinking along those lines. Trouble is it is a rather easy way to
>land a few 'wounds' on the enemy. Then again having missile weapons is an
>advantage.

This is what I meant about interpretation. Assuming the Ordinary Consequences Chart is used, does a result of Dazed mean you can't take part in the ensuing combat, or does it mean absolutely nothing? In the first case, missiles are way too powerful, in the second I would call them fairly weak. Perhaps it means that you 'skip' a round or so of combat, giving the missile user time to ready a melee weapon?

I just thought of a fourth option: the missiles are the only exchange in a very brief extended contest, with any AP lost carrying over to the next contest. In effect, this is the same as my second option, just slightly more rules-legal.

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg