Re: Re: Digest Number 162

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 18:11:52 +0100

On Fri, 7 Jul 2000 18:41:45 +0300 (EET DST), Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_utu.fi> wrote:

>This seems wrong. I hope the close combat has a really serious penalty,
>and parhaps a maximum skill, unless spesifically studied. (something
>like -10 penalty and 15 maximum for the orlanthi, propably much more
>for, say, the Dara Happans... I just don't see them brawling all that
>much)

There is no specific penalty, and no maximum at all. If you use Unarmed Combat once or twice at a penalty, you can 'Cement' the skill with a Hero Point, and get it at the full Close Combat ability. What that Improv Penalty would be is up to you. But once you buy it, it's full ability or a house rule. Another good reason why weapon Ranks are necessary for any form of realism.

Wulf