Re: Scorpion Hall

From: Mikael Raaterova <ginijji_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 16:38:59 +0200

Roderick, being a bit harsh, said
> > Just tried the old RQ2 soloquest 'Scorpion Hall' using HW rules. I was
>doing
>> it to try out a few of the rules, and to see how I would GM certain
>> situations that I hadn't thought of.
>>
>> I did rather badly, mostly the result of poor tactical choices, but was a
>bit
>> stuck when I ended a contest with some skeletons at -7AP. I was hurt, I
>had
>> lost the contest; what shoul happen next? Could I retreat still alive?
>
>No.
>
> Should
>> the skeletons finish me off with a coup de gr,ce?
>
>Certainly
>
>Could I initiate a new
>> contest 'escape from the skeletons'?
>
>No.
>
>Just like taking double HP in damage to the head/chest/Abdomen in RQ, you're
>stuck with no-one to Heal you or bail you out. Time to write up a new
>character (or start the fight over :-) ).
>
>You could try a Final Action, but Skeletons aren't likely to give you the
>chance (unless you play them as automatons that don't attack dead heroes).

Since you can always attempt to withdraw from a contest, i don't see why you shouldn't be allowed a final action to escape a coup de grace (as long as you are conscious and reasonably free to move). Otherwise the death toll on player heroes could become quite high.

I think my suggestion (attempt for coup de grace resisted by attempt to escape) is quite reasonable, since a coup de grace shouldn't be automatic unless the character is unable to resist.

--
-
Mikael Raaterova        [.sig omitted on legal advice]