Re: Skeleton AP bid

From: philip.hibbs_at_...
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 16:32:44 +0100

>How about the skeletons always bid 10 AP,
>converting 7 AP into a wound.
>
>This would make fighting them rather nasty.

The problem with taking the wounding option is that it is a very risky strategy - you are not achieving very much in terms of defeating them, so you are risking yourself. This is, however, perfect for "expendable" monsters like skeletons that don't care about their own survival. I like the idea. Some nihilistic chaos creatures might also employ this tactic, as might just plain sadistic folks. A liberal sprinkling of these kinds of encounters goes some way to countering the criticism that in HW you can just keep on fighting for ever with no consequences so long as you win. Trolls might train their trollkin to do use this tactic, although the traditional expendability of trollkin has been called into question.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.