Re: Help with Uleria

From: Weihe, David <Weihe_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 10:24:40 -0400

> On the subject of Uleria, how can I wean my players off
> calling Uleria "the temple of whores and strumpets"?

Players, or their characters?

Players: 	You should wash their mouths out with soap.
      Also, doing a "Hooker With A Heart Of Gold" story
      wouldn't hurt.  Have her/him be the only person
      able to settle a blood feud between two groups
      that MUST stop fighting each other to concentrate
      on the Lunar (or Cold Wind, for pro-Lunar Sartari)
      scum.  Have the temple act like Belle Watling's
      from Gone With The Wind, the cover for otherwise
      banned patriotic meetings.  This would apply to
      just the local temple, of course.  The cult as a
      whole would certainly be neutral.

      Introduce a male Ulerian (not homosexual, a paid
      Lothario) as an admirable character, before
      revealing his cult and status.  Maybe have him join
      weapons practice at the Humakti Temple, or just
      start showing up at the local Geo's, winning at
      darts or arm wrestling.

Characters:
 Sir Ethilrist's boys:	That is exactly how they should
 	be, as unpleasant as that seems.  The Atroxi are
      supposed to be puritanical, as I recall.

Heortlings or non-Shargashi DH:	Gradual onset of
      Impotence, and an invisible aura that causes
      a negative reaction from any woman, probably
      excepting Yelorna or Yelmalians.

Shargashi:	Total impotence, and a reminder from the
      Green Path priest of the Fertility aspects of
      your god.  This may not matter to you if you
      have gone Red or Black Path, of course.

Pelorians:   Impotence, and a feeling like they were
      just kicked in the testes, every few hours.

The AP consequences of these, in combat or social conflict resolution is left as an exercise for the reader (ie, I cannot guess as to numbers).

PS: Re-ask on the Glorantha Digest for more suggestions.