Re: Help with Uleria

From: Kevin Blackburn <kevin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 19:21:24 +0100

In article <OF37881E8C.892B3446-ON8025691C.002B1259_at_...>, philip.hibbs_at_... writes

>On the subject of Uleria, how can I wean my players off calling Uleria "the
>temple of whores and strumpets"?

There's going to be plenty of people they meet who have happy memories of visits to said temple, and high hopes of further visits. They won't take kindly to the slander.

I can imagine some Sartarite brides-to-be going to the temple for "an education" - their husbands won't be pleased by such comments.

As someone else noted, they are likely to be expert as gossiping, and I'd imagine they can set up *very* pervasive rumours about the players sexual interests, or hints about why they aren't allowed/daren't set foot in the temple.

If the temple of Uleria is culturally acceptable, it ought to be the culture that bites back at critics.

--
Kevin Blackburn                         Kevin_at_...