Re: Defeated Discussion

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 17:55:02 -0000

> I work from my own version of HW, which is probably an even worse
> idea in your book?

Working from your own set of homebrew is a good idea. But basing frequent rules calls and interpretations on a set of rules that one one else is using is... well... somewhat futile, I think.

> Seriously, i want to make HW an even better game. Thus we need to
> clarify, tweak or change the official rules when problems arise in
> playing HW. And i can't let your interpretations of HW stand
> uncorrected when i see problems with them.

But if you are not using the same baseline, I fear that you may get entirely different rules calls from what everyone else has the rules or at least has read the published set. Particuarly in cases where the rules have already been clarified from the ruleset you are using, and your interpretation of the rules being 'wrong' is based on a ruleset which is not being the published set which is a false premise,
which has happened here on occasion to a few people, myself included.

(snip of running away discussion)

> -
> Mikael Raaterova [.sig omitted on legal advice]

Jeff Kyer