Re: Magic

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 09:38:14 -0000

Yup. Wounds (actually called Penalties now anyway, and applicable to all Extended Contests, not just combat) can be inflicted by any physical attack.

> Are spells or affinities often used like this?

Mine are...

>I recall reading from
> somewhere that it is more efficient to use magic to augment skills
> with edges/bonus.

It's always more efficient to use the high skill and augment with the low one, just from the point of view of the numbers. Start with higher AP and make succeeding easier. However, there are a number of good reasons to use other skills/magics, like if the target has a better combat skill than magic resistance, if he's too far away to hit with a sword, etc. You could augment Sword and Shield with Lightning and get a sword edged with flickering lightning, or augment Lightning with Sword and Shield and wield a shaft of lightning as though it were a sword. Either way works for me...

> Basically the magic system seems to suite me fine, after few fixes
> for the augmentation(penalties for marginal/minor failure are no
more
> IMG).
Likewise.

Wulf