Killing the defeated

From: Mikael Raaterova <ginijji_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 09:31:59 +0200

>> Opponents killed by being reduced from positive APs to -31 in one
>> go are rightfully dead (or dying). It's the post-combat gratuitous
>> killings i don't like. The rule for CdG implies that such is
>> routinely performed, which i disagree with.
>
>I don't think it implies that killing downed opponents is routine.
>But for those circumstances where it is necessary, it's nice to have
>guidelines for it, and a way to handle it within the framework of the
>rules.

You already have that in the game. If the opponent is helpless (unconscious, frex) it's automatic (unless there's some other factor that makes it a Test or Contest). If the opponent can reasonably resist (and is still present), use the rules for a Parting Shot (with or without penalties to the opponent).

--
-
Mikael Raaterova        [.sig omitted on legal advice]