Re: Berserk OTT!!

From: Frank Rafaelsen <rafael_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 13:07:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Jarec Basham wrote:

> Is it just me or do other people find Berserk to be over the top. One
> of my players uses berserk and quickly ends up with AP far in excess
> of other combatants. This has now forced another party member to
> learn a calming skill just to stop the party being decimated by this
> character. Should the character calming fail I shudder to think how
> many of the party would be killed by this character.

Why does he end up with more APs than the other players? Do berserks in your campaign get extra APs? Or is he generally a combat monster?

Anyway, it should illustrate why nobody likes to travel togheter with berserks. Raving maniacs

> The only solution to this would seem to be to ensure that the berserk
> character will always lose the combat in the end, but this is
> unrealistic and unfair.

Perhaps you should try to solve this problem in game, rather than through the system. Let there be important npc's that he can risk killing if he uses his berserker frenzy. Or let him become a social outcast if he isn't able to controll his killing frenzy.

People who know him should wisen up and pull out of combat when he starts foaming at the mouth. Making the character face the choice of controlling his anger or dying a lonely death on the battlefield.

Ha en god dag!
Frank Rafaelsen