Re: Berserking Revisited m2

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 11:32:36 -0000

> With all due respect, I'm getting the shivers as I read this. I'm
quite
> certain my impression is wrong, but I get a very strong sense of
enforced
> gloranthan correctnes. So I'll say this anyway. Don't be fooled:
There
> is not one true glorantha, and there is certainly not one true
humakt.

Yes, but there is a difference between a good gamer and a good roleplayer. It's great if someone plays well to character, but if, in doing so, he ruins the game for other players (or Narrator) by killing off PCs or NPC, or wrecking the plot of a session they were enjoying, that's a bad gamer. RPGs are cooperative ventures, and no matter how well played a character, if it doesn't fit into the group's style, to the extent this situation seems to have reached, it should be changed or dropped. Changing within the game, within the cultural norms of the character, is far better.

Wulf