Re: Re: Berserking Revisited m2

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 09:40:38 -0400

Frank Rafaelsen wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Wulf Corbett wrote:
>
> > If you actually kill someone in a fight, can you use Spirit Combat as
> > a Parting Shot :) ?
>
> Great idea! This could be the way Harrek bound the Polar Bear god spirit
> in the skin. Killed it and used spirit combat as a parting shot to bind it
> in a fetish. Those animists just got a bit nastier in my campaign ;)

Harrek got Rathor The White Bear in the middle of the Rathori's Sacred Time ceremnonies when he and they were all present together on the spirit plane (or Rathor was manifest on the Middle World - take your pick). I would suspect the former.

Spirit combat won't let you combat something on the other side of the barrier. So we have a problem with timing. Any spirit can retreat to the Spirit plane automatically and instantly according to HW (this may be in Anaxial though -- I have to go home and check my notes)

The problem is timing. One crosses over into the Otherside pretty quickly. Also, I'm not sure if a Theist's soul goes into the Spirit plane, the God Plane or straight into the underworld. Animists would go to the spirit plane, certainly.

Mystics... I dunno. Killing a practicing mystic is too much like hard work for me.

Sorcerers all go to hell, of course.

I can see this being subject to tremendous abuse.

> Isn't this what the tusk-riders are supposed to be doing?
>
> Ha en god dag!
> Frank Rafaelsen

I think so. Though in many cases, the creation of their ball of tails is done in a ritual setting. Apparently, the victim has to be in a LOT of pain and fear.