Re: Re: Talking about those Thunder Rebels again...

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 09:43:06 -0400

> and Philip Hibbs wrote:
>
> > February, maybe sooner if time and money allows.
> > "Anaxial's Rooster" is due out in two weeks
> > "She Kicks Ass" is due out towards the end of this year.
>
> Obviously the bar sold pretty much beer at the con, eh? :)
>
> Well, I understand that the dates are somewhat in flux.
>
> I do think that it is taking a little longer than it should for
> something to appear which was supposed to be finished a long time
> ago...

Not exactly.

> I guess I am becoming grumpy, but releasing something as important for
> the HW player as TR something like 10 month after the core HW rules
> sounds like buisness suicide if you ask me... GenCon anyone?

These things cost money to produce. You know, money? And typesetting/formatting takes time to get right. The four most critical books are out. The next is TR and SGU. I don't see any other way the production schedule could have been done otherwise.

> Since SGU and TR is pretty much critical for being able to play the
> usual kind of people running around Peloria and DP I thought they'd be
> out soon after the rules! If TR isn't out until next year I guess I'll
> have to invent all the keywords myself if I want to play a Lunar.
>
> Why should I buy TR and SGU after 10 months of playing with HW core
> and my homebrewed keywords? Somebody please tell Greg one potential
> customer is beginning to fall away...
>
> /Andreas (in a grumpy mood. OK I *will* shut up now!)

Hmmm. Yes, a bit whinny sounding. Especially when read aloud.

Jeff