Re: Re: Berserking Revisited m2

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 10:19:52 -0400

> Just trying to educate without thought control, as is my way. This
> was a Humakti who three weeks earlier had walked away from a battle
> with a Broo that just kept getting up. If he had gone Berserk against
> the Broo, as was intended, then I would have been happy. The Trollkin
> battle was intended to be easy so that the non combat characters
> could get involved without too much risk. And of course a little
> light relief as Trollkin usually are.

Its a PC thing. Berserking against a broo is dangerous. Berserking against a trollkin is gratuitious use of magic and very gratifying -- I'm as guilty of this at times.

> Now he has been Illuminated by Greg and Roderick and he will never be
> the same again. Bring on the Uroxi!!!!!!!!
>
> As I said earlier some of the other players are also a little off
> path, but in a less noticable way. Much of this stems from ignorance
> of Glorantha, but I would rather they learn as characters how to

Yep. Walk before you run. My group has finally started coming up with their own myths -- usually to help them with some heroquest or derive a new feat. Its really gratifying to see.

> better follow their God than me as a Narrator read them chapter and
> verse. However if that fails I will use other means to 'train' them.
> (Wait for the why Lhankor Mhy don't burn books thread, just a joke it
> hasn't happened .... YET!!)

Sadly, the Delux rules dont roll up like a newspaper the way the old rulessets do.

> If nothing else I now know that when Bigfoot plays his Humakti in
> future both he and the other players will find the game more
> enjoyable because he now has more purpose, focus and understanding of
> the path he has chosen. In the end if he is not confortable with his
> choice of Humakt I'm sure that the local Uroxi will call by with GTA
> sign up forms.
>
> Jarec

Ah. Is Uroxi a polite keyword for Warhammer minions? =)

Jeff