Re: Simple contests

From: Charles Corrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 10:25:51 -0000

In my opinion, it does not matter. If the level of result is important to the PC (i.e. is each of the guards now a bloody dead heap as a message to their fellows and dead men raise no alarms) then use the extended contest rules. If only the result is important (i.e. did we get past the guards without raising the alarm) then use a simple contest.

I cannot imagine Harrek caring anything further about Joe Nosepicker once he had been knocked out of his way. Of course you and/or your fellow gamers may want a more visceral feeling of beating up your opponents (and I do occasionally). In this case, I would suggest that you run most contests as simple, but every now and then run an extended contest, even though the story does not absolutely require it, to enhance the players and GMs experience.

regards,
Charles