Re: Rituals and Community Participation

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 10:35:27 -0000

> support. This actually gives better MGF (Maximum Game Fun) as the
PC
> will only find out when he tries to use the boosted skill that it
is
> not as good as he would have expected.

Sort of OT, but this actually happened in a Live Roleplay ritual at the event I missed due to family injury. Three of the ritualists of the Viper faction told the referee in secret that if such-and-such happened during the ritual (basically if someone claimed a certain item), they would use their efforts against the remaining ritual. It happened, the ritual scored an all-time record low (-5 points or so, +50 are needed for success!), and half the faction was wiped out by various demonic activity!

Wulf