Re: Re: Rituals and Community Participation

From: philip.hibbs_at_...
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 12:09:16 +0100

>I would consider having the fanatics (or weaker
>faction) do a ritual to boost the questers before
>they go off into the main quest.

Community Participation can only boost a magical ritual, you can't just boost a person's skills. If the person is going on a quest, then CP can, I guess, boost his abilities for the duration of that quest, but even then I'd say that this is only possible if the abilities being used are core to the quest. For instance, I wouldn't allow a ritual to boost combat skill for the "Ernalda feeds the tribe" HQ.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.