Re: Re: Rituals and Community Participation

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 10:08:03 -0400

philip.hibbs_at_... wrote:

> >I would consider having the fanatics (or weaker
> >faction) do a ritual to boost the questers before
> >they go off into the main quest.
>
> Community Participation can only boost a magical ritual, you can't just
> boost a person's skills. If the person is going on a quest, then CP can, I
> guess, boost his abilities for the duration of that quest, but even then
> I'd say that this is only possible if the abilities being used are core to
> the quest. For instance, I wouldn't allow a ritual to boost combat skill
> for the "Ernalda feeds the tribe" HQ.

Yes, you're right. However, I can allow a group to boost our groups Orate ablity when we know we are lousy at it -- and we got to talk to these elf guys. This would be a seperate, scene only bonus. The only bonus abilities that would last for the whole heroquest would be those selected at the start, when crossing into the Otherworld.

Jeff