Re: Feat Question

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 17:15:42 -0000

Jarec wrote
> I would tend to say that it is a matter of knowing how your God did
> something. As an Initiate you know the main Myths but not in any
> detail, hence the imp. modifier. As a Devote you know more details
> of the myth. If you can understand how your God lifted a mountain
>then you can perform this as a Feat by reenacting your Gods
> actions.

I may have imagined it, but I am sure I remember reading in HW that when you worship your god you witness his deeds on the Other Side, and it is in this act of witnessing that you learn of the gods feats. Presumably initiates have to improvise because they do not learn the secrets of the feat as they watch from the outside. Devotees become one with the god during this act and thus learn how to do the feat.

As a result you cannot teach the feat, it has to be learned by participating in/witnessing the myths of your god on the other side. If you participate in a new myth - then you can create a new feat.

The default feat descriptions presumably represent those from the most commonly witnessed/experienced myths.

Thus a god's feats are only open to his theistic worshippers (excluding defiant cults but they are presumably participating in a similiar way to get around this problem).