Re: Support

From: Kmnellist_at_...
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 14:07:35 EDT

In a message dated 7/27/00 9:45:20AM, you write:

<<
 Mea culpa, I hadn't read the original suggestion of splitting support.>>

It is still a fudge.

<< I think it's an excellent idea, but I think the tables would need work to  balance it out.>>

It is a good fix to the original fudge. (should that be 'fudge up')

<< As it stands, you have to split the bonus up, and 64 people  gets you a lot less than 4 groups of 16 people, so using this you are  getting an enormous boost to the total bonus.

You could argue that if you get 64 people supporting then you get their bonus at every stage. If you get four groups of 16 then you get the bonus only in certain specified instances. Since there are bits in Quests that are not known about the 'specified support' does not work, making those bits extra dangerous. Again, as suggested, I guess you should 'let the story decide'. (eg let you granny and assorted old bids support the slaughter of the trollkin section, while yuor humakti weaponbuddies support the knitting of the wind sock stage, or something like that)

Keith N