Re: Lapsing worship

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 18:33:27 +0100

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000 13:58:40 -0400, "KYER, JEFFREY" <jeff.kyer_at_...> wrote:

>remember that time constraint of 30% or 60%? When you stop making that,
>then you are in trouble.

Hmm... specific example... in her 'previous incarnation' in RQ3, a character of mine was a Pavic thief. With the recent appearance of Lambril (and Orlanth the Thief, but that's too combat-oriented for her), I wondered if I could reuse that idea, as I have an excellent plot to explain why she got out of Pavis over to Dragon Pass. However, in transplanting her to our fledgling HW campaign, it's unlikely she can reach a Lambril temple on a regular basis (assuming they exist only in cities).

>Greg said 'if you're stuck in that sort of a
>time bind, as soon as you miss a major holy day, kiss them good bye'
>but the conversation was about Devotees who are also initiates.

She would only be an Initiate of Lambril, but has become an Initiate in Yinkin as a 'cover'.

>I'd give them a season or so -- missing 2 seasonal holy days could be a
>trigger.

>However sacrifice of permanent wealth (cows, etc) and proper mythology
>and ritual would probably keep a character in a good odour.

Lambril don't like sacrifices, but I might fool some players into thinking she's a Trickster and please him that way...

>And, IMHO,
>anyone who heroquests successfully has made a very deep and lasting
>contact with that deity

She's nowhere near HQ level as yet however...

Wulf