Re: Lapsing worship

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 07:30:50 -0000

I'll work on it. With my Narrator's permission, naturally (you reading this, Andy?).

> > She would only be an Initiate of Lambril, but has become an
Initiate
> > in Yinkin as a 'cover'.
>
> Initiation is a pretty deep thing in HW, I should point out. Its a
> matter of faith and bring drawn to the gods. I'd be surprised if
you
> could use an initation as mere 'cover.' And Yinkin is pretty rare
> too.
> Their shrines are hardly common -- few and far between (but if
your
> clan has one, then hey, its as good a port as any)

We definately have Yinkini, and I always envisaged her as a secondstory  worker - a cat burglar :) Yinkin fits her character just perfectly, except the Pleasure Affinity (or whatever it's called), she's too shy.

> > Lambril don't like sacrifices, but I might fool some players into
> > thinking she's a Trickster and please him that way...
>
> What? He doesn't like you giving him shiny things as thanks? He
> doesn't like getting something for nothing? A selfish guy like him?

According to the writeup on the Issaries website (which I agree with), Lambril thinks people who give up their wealth voluntarily are fools. She could get someone ELSE to sacrifice...

> > She's nowhere near HQ level as yet however...
>
> HeroQuesting in HW is not the terrifying experience it used to be.
> Especially if you use friends and have a good community to back you.

Yes, but it's hard to keep your cult affiliations secret AND ask folks to join you on a HeroQuest...

Wulf