Re: First HW Session and Feats!

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 00:26:58 +0100

On Sat, 29 Jul 2000 14:43:07 +0200, Fabian Kuechler <fabian.kuechler_at_medien.uni-weimar.de> wrote:

>Question about feats:
>Which feats could be used for Augmentation? All?

Potentially all, some are more obviously useful than others. Obviously they have to be somehow connected to what's being augmented.

>What are the effects of feats when not used for Augmentation? The
>obvious things like Swordbreaker?

There is no real agreement on this. Strictly according to the rules... well, there are no rules. They just count as ordinary augments or AP-draining attacks I guess. Personally, I say in these cases use the Feat, get a win of 7AP or more, convert 7AP into a Penalty, and the Feat works 'as advertised' (in your example, the sword is broken).

>What are the effects of Enchant Iron in your games?

In the Advanced Magic chapter, page 133-134, the effects of Rune metals are described. The effects of enchantment are described. WITHOUT enchantment, Iron should still do extra damage to Aldryami and Uz, but is otherwise no better than Bronze, AND should impose a resistance on the user to any magic (including his own or his friends, like healing). The +40 resistance listed for actually enchanting Iron is a bit too high for this, I'd say about +5 for a sword, +10 for 'light' armour, +20 for full plate.

Wulf