Re: Four Magic Weapons subcults

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 06:23:38 +0300 (EET DST)

On Sat, 29 Jul 2000, David Dunham wrote:

> Has anyone given thought to how to convert the Four Magic Weapons of Orlanth?
>
> "Each of the four weapons is now a separate subcult, providing a
> separate Rune magic." I'm thinking that the best way to handle this
> is as four independent feats. These are small subcults, but very
> common. You could include them in starting characters by writing "He
> learned Orlanth's Lightning Spear" or "She owns the Scarf of Mist"
> etc.

Sounds good to me. Close to how I've handled it in RQ (and others). If an existing character was an "acolyte" of Lightning Boy, for instance, one can grant him the lighting feat at a high skill lvl.

I at least had some weaponthanes who vere just initiates of Orlanth (or other) but acolytes of Lighting Boy, getting reusable lighting. (5 points were enough in my game, for these subcults)

        -Adept