Re: Digest Number 203

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 17:17:18 -0000

This is a possibility but with the extensive time costs of subcults, I'd be concerned as to the time constraints for a devotee. The other matter with the Affinity would be a player coming up with new weapons and abillities with respect to the various magic weapons. This is not
a bad thing, IMHO, but

I'd have see how it works out in a game. Theory and practice are two
different things and I'm finding that many ideas suggested here don't really work out in actual play.

I think I'd go with separate feats -- until a player learned all four of them or had gone on a heroquest for the various weapons (even just one of them) and then give them an affinity like what you describe.

I'd also allow (as Mikka has) a hero who was only an Orlanti Initiate to pick up the subcults, but only to gain the individual stand alone feats.

Jeff