Re: Four Magic Weapons; myths

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 20:46:41 -0000

Me> > Master of Elements (Lightning Spear, Scarf of Mist, Shield
> > of Arran, Sandals of Darkness)

> This certainly maintains the obscure feat name doctrine (unless
> you happen to be a Glorantha scholar).

I don't see why users of these feats should know (or be limited to) the RQ versions of the spell. I'm certainly not going to insist that the Shield of Arran can only be used as an infinite parry point shield or that the Sandals of Darkness can only be used as an invisibility spell.

> It also allows improvising other elemental feats,

Which was my intention. It would be silly to hear an Orlanthi's proud boast that like his God, he is Master of the Elements and know that he can do sod-all. I'm not averse to Jeff's suggestion that in this case, the Orlanthi learn the feats first and then the affinity as the secret.

> and since the moon is an element, this
> could be a rather poor idea.

Do the Orlanthi accept Moon as an element? I thought they would have treated it as Sky which is certainly a foe that Orlanth has defeated.

--Peter Metcalfe