RE: Re: Digest Number 205

From: Weihe, David <Weihe_at_...>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 11:34:23 -0400

> From: Nick Brooke
> For now, Xena gets my vote. (And for stylistic reasons, too: Grizzie,
> for all her manifold charms, is far from being a typical "Hero Wars"
> adventurer).

Whereas Xena, with no supporting social network except Gabrielle and Joxer, who has left the service of her god and now works against His interests more often than not, and who uses NO magics except the chakra (sp? the Frisbee from Hell) yet is somehow a qualified shaman, despite coming from a theistic culture, is?

Except for the fact that the NZ producers of Hercules and Xena seem determined to violate history, legend, and causuality wiht the gay abandon of a late-period Godlearner on crack, how is she typical?