RE: Xena or not...

From: Mikael Hansson <mikael.hansson_at_...>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 19:19:24 +0100

At 12:13 2000-08-01 -0500, you wrote:
>|What I mean is that I think Xena is a real put of ... its not HW as I
>|vision it.... but then I prettty disaponited by the whole
>|system soo far...
>
>The problem for me was (and to some degree, still is) accepting the big
>change in the portrayals of Glorantha between RQ and HW. They seem, in many
>ways, to be completely different worlds. However, it does seem to me that
>Xena is a fine example of HW's style. I wonder how she'd fare against

I agree .... I is a bit annoyed at the fact that HW is so concentrated on HeroQesting ... Glorantha has so much to offer before that... as it is now I do not feel a need for HW, I liked the visions of glorantha as it was presented in RQ.... more down to earth ... so to say. And RQ had some problems as a system, but I can hardly see that HW will ever be as easy to learn for my players. Its way to vauge and abstract.

True combats could last for ever in RQ, but that could be winged if need was.

Here in HW you has to wing everything, all the time, and it is all epic and god's and quests and whatever...

Mikael