RE: Xena or not...

From: Mikael Hansson <mikael.hansson_at_...>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 19:52:24 +0100

>I'm not annoyed, myself; I just had to make the mental shift. Although I
>don't like Xena as much as I did a year or two ago, I can still apply it to
>Glorantha. YMMV, and apparently does. Perhaps the lower level of HW is more
>to your liking? You don't have to start out at the recommended level of
>power.

I'm not sure what happends on the lower level of scale... I have to test that, systems usually works best in the scope they are designed in... but it is not so much the system per se as annoy me. It is the off-handedness it is presented...

>It is very vague and abstract if what you're expecting is a traditional,
>simulationistic RPG, but that's not what HW is supposed to be. I'm actually
>looking forward to trying it out, since it addresses some of the problems I
>have with other RPGs.

Yes it does, and it is well suited for HQ-gaming. I will probably modify it to my likening, as my group is moving towards the higher regions and RQ becomes broken....

>Not all of it; depends upon the type of campaign you choiose to run. But it
>IS suited for a more over-the-top style of game than most RQ campaigns ever
>were. Maybe you could just take what you want from HW, translate it over to
>RQ, and be happier with it, instead of trying to force HW to be something
>that it isn't.

mmm .. I agree, but it wasn't what I expected, ok, i expected someting "larger" than RQ, but not Xena style... just dissapointed, that all.

Mikael