Adventures So Far

From: Brian Laxson <b1laxson_at_...>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 22:41:43 -0400

>Not really. My game is...hmmm... sheep stealing, weddings, raids,
>tax-collectors, raids, missing children, visits to town, chasing kites,
>dealing with White-Eye, a visit to Gustbran's Forge (okay, that was a
>HQ) and a trip to Whitewall to just miss out on the final battle, a
>fair, a trial that went to holmgang, a very, very cold winter, a wyrm in
>someone's stead and a small problem with mice.
>
>I find it to be a more interesting world now. Much more interesting and
>wider in scope, not just combat..
>
>Jeff

I have to agree. Having social roles in the tribes gives the campaign that "focus" that is so easily missed out on in wandering adventure party games. There is something that connects you all, something that makes demands of you and something you want to nuture. Most (not all) RQ campaigns seemed to be a lot like Xena Warrior Cleavage VS [blank]. What matters alot now is the Tribe... it is a matter of Orlanth vs the Red Goddess... your god has a war and you are: <blank> <blank> = warriors, plotter, assassian, coward, turncoat, opportunist...

Agnar the Humakt