Re: Problem with a ranged combat...

From: philip.hibbs_at_...
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 13:53:51 +0100

>I think that there should be a penalty if you want to harm a
>specific target. But shooting should also harm everyone in a
>melee at least somehow. The problem is how to handle that.

It's a similar problem to any situation where you can inadvertenty harm your colleagues. There's no "hit nearest friend" fumbles any more. It can be handled simply by just giving a large penalty, so that they may well end up helping the enemy by giving them APs. If you go with my suggestion of increasing the edge (or rank) of an arrow, then this could be reduced if there is a significant chace of hindering one's allies. My theory here is that while shooting someone that can't fight back is deeply unfair, hence deserving of a large edge, it becomes less unfair if you might hurt or distract their opponents.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.