RE: Gloranthan Reality & Hero Wars

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 01:25:50 +0300 (EET DST)

> Wulf asks:
>
> > And what's the difference between the two types of magic in your game?
> > What defines a 'Bladesharp' from a low-level Flickering Blade?
>
> It sounds like it's all about preserving a sense of familiarity, together
> with personal taste. Can't argue with that, though I wouldn't do it myself.
>
> Cheers, Nick

What is a flickering blade supposed to look like, or do?

RQ had the serious problem of it's era. Spell mechanics were described, not the important stuff. What does this magic look and feel like, how does it work.

We only got the game mechanics details, and no justification or explanation for them.

RQ-2 at least described disruption to be a heat based attack. RQ-3 didn't even have this anymore.

Hero Wars isn't helping much. Now we only have a cool name. The mechanics are pretty much the same for each feat, and we don't get _any_ description for a vast majority of them.   I wonder how long it will be until the authors decide that naming the feats and affinities limit's the creativity of gamers. =( Is this the information on Glorantha that we are paying for?

        -Adept