Re: Spirit combat

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 14:02:43 -0000

I thought technically you needed a Fetch to be a Shaman, (although I don;t think you can get one without the requisite Spirit Combat, Tradition Knowledge and SWT...)

but Yes, a non-shaman Animist can use their Spirit Combat to refill their existing fetish, without needing a Shaman to do so for them (providing they can get access to the spirits of course...) (Indeed isn't it the only way they can get access to anything other than 1 shot fetishes?)

I hadn't got the "Tradition knowledge" = "ability to make fetish" link, but it certainly makes sense. - A useful job for young apprentice shaman to do