Re: Spirit combat

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 15:13:58 -0000

> > If you have all three, you ARE a Shaman...
> >

> I thought technically you needed a Fetch to be a Shaman, (although
> don;t think you can get one without the requisite Spirit Combat,
> Tradition Knowledge and SWT...)

Quite right, I was being flippant :) I should have said 'If you have all 3, you're either a Shaman yourself, or in training to be one.'

> but Yes, a non-shaman Animist can use their Spirit Combat to refill
> their existing fetish, without needing a Shaman to do so for them
> (providing they can get access to the spirits of course...) (Indeed
> isn't it the only way they can get access to anything other than 1
> shot fetishes?)

Well, a Shaman can Integrate a spirit into a fetish, creating a fetish usable by all and sundry as many times as needed. But that's the only other way I know.

> I hadn't got the "Tradition knowledge" = "ability to make fetish"
> link, but it certainly makes sense. - A useful job for young
> apprentice shaman to do

I've always assumed that one, I forgot it wasn't in the rules...

Wulf