RE: Gloranthan Reality & Hero Wars (Long Quoutes, my apologies)

From: guy hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 10:49:44 -0500

|From: Mikko Rintasaari [mailto:mikrin_at_...]
|
|On Mon, 7 Aug 2000 philip.hibbs_at_... wrote:
|
|Me : domonstrating the lack of information regarding feats
|> >"A thunderstone will help a devotee
|> >of Orlanth to summon a storm".
|>
|> Yes, I think you're probably right, it would. I'd allow this
|feat to be
|> used to augment a storm summoning ritual.
|
|*ouch* This is exactly what I mean.
|
|My gamers know what a thunderstone is, and what it has been enchanted
|for. Now they get to see that just because the enchanted slingstone is
|called a thunderstone it can suddenly be used to summon thunder.
|
|This is past silly.

Gee, I don't know; I think this is really pretty cool. From a mythological/Gloranthic point of view, why SHOULD'NT a thunderstone have some kind of affect on the ability to summon a storm? It didn't have any such effect in RQ, but then again RQ rules aren't a good guide to Gloranathan reality. It has a kind of mythic resonance that I like, making Thunderstones more than just another way to hurt people by tying them into Gloranthan reality more plausibly.

YMMV, Guy

Guy