RE: Re: Gloranthan Reality & Hero Wars

From: Tavener, Doyle W. <Doyle.Tavener_at_...>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 15:38:13 -0500

Wulf Corbett sez:
> But of course, that was in the OLD Glorantha. Maybe the NEW Glorantha
> is different. Maybe in the new Glorantha everyone just makes it up as
> they go along.

The following statements are _not_ meant as sarcasm:

It is a role playing game. We have _always_ just made it up as we went along.

There is no pure, true Glorantha except maybe for the one in Greg's head at this very moment.

The Glorantha that Greg was thinking about last week, or last year or in 1980 is not the true Glorantha, nor is the version he will conceive of a year from now. Why? It does not yet exist, that's why.

And we can't play in Greg's head. I suspect it is somewhat crowded.

RQ is not the true Glorantha, nor is the ten year old RQ campaign that was better than any RPG experience we ever had the true Glorantha.

Here is secret that the God learners did not even know:

There is _no_ true Glorantha. It is all made up.

I am terribly, terribly sorry that you do not find Hero Wars to your taste. I regret that it does not suspend your disbelief the way Strike Ranks and Rune Spells did.

But in a list devoted to discussing the rules of the game, must I constantly receive reports of your dissatisfaction?

Doyle Wayne Ramos-Tavener
281-342-4372 (H) dmtavener_at_...
281-275-7389 (W) Doyle.Tavener_at_...

It is not reasonable to suppose that Aristotle knew the number of the Elect... - Albertus Magnus