Gloranthan Reality

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 20:37:09 +0100

In Digest Number 213, Roy Wiseman writes

>So true it's depressing. Feats and affinities have to be defined more. I do have
>problems with Flickering Blade. It could be an effect like Bladesharp to enhance
>a users own weapon, or make an enemies blade flicker out of the material plane
>and become air thus making it useless or is it not a sword modifier at all but
>used to call a bolt of lightning to act as a sword from thin air? People may say
>that it is any of these, or something else, but the fact that everyone could
>interpret and play it differently is easily possible.

But is that a problem? If the feat could only be one thing then yes it would, because I might play in one game where it enhances a weapon I am already using, and in another it creates a new weapon for me. But if I can reasonably expect it to do either in both games there is surely no problem. OK different GM's might choose to set a different resistance for the same feat, but then different GM's in RQ might apply different modifiers, or require rolls in different circumstances so I don't see we are that different now...

--
| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_...                      |
| What is the use of a book without pictures or conversations?            |