Vagueness of Rules

From: Charles Corrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 12:15:58 -0000

Part of the problem is the external real world constraints of finances, people and time. In an ideal world, Issaries would have published the existing books plus Thunder Rebels, Sartar Rising and She Guards Us simultaneously - or as near so as marketing would suggest. In this world, they would have gone broke and we would have seen nothing. Perhaps ever.

Let's hope that Thunder Rebels etc. provide enough further information on what a character can expect to do and see in their part of Glorantha so those of us that those of us who are struggling will not give up in anger.

In the mean time, while we wait, can we tone down the accusations etc.. One one side, it will not change what has been published already. On the other side, some of us genuinely have issues and by expressing those issues, perhaps Issaries will be influenced to change their plans. And remember that even someone proposing an alternate/opposite viewpoint still cares about the world of Glorantha and/or Hero Wars rules enough to do so and wants to see further publications. However, flamewars do tend to drive people off rather than attract them to a forum.

Of course, as many of you will have noticed, I am on the side that likes the vagueness. But more importantly, I am on the side that enjoys Glorantha and is willing pay to see more of it. Only if others, many others, are willing to pay too, will I see this happen. So, in the interim, how can we support those who are unhappy with the lack of detail in feats, combat etc.?

Issaries are web-publishing new stuff every week, about 50/50 split between official and fan produced. I hope to see the fully annoted "Morden Defends The Camp" go up soon. And Greg, if I remember correctly, has offered space on the Issaries web-site for examples, though also saying it would be flagged as completely un-official.

So, if you have a problem and know how to fix it, then submit it to Greg. I did, with the TOC for the Players and Narrators book (only the Players has been put up on the Issaries site so far, but both are available in the files area of this egroups topic).

And finally, by choosing a rules and stats light system, Issaries can produce more background that is usable by those that prefer to use another system (i.e. they may spend money on it which funds my/our future enjoyment).

regards,
Charles