Re: Re: Talking about those Thunder Rebels again...

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 21:38:10 -0700

> Well, I understand that the dates are somewhat in flux.
>
> I do think that it is taking a little longer than it should for
> something to appear which was supposed to be finished a long time
> ago...

The problems were that the "finished" TR & SR were for an very-much earlier version of the game, too short, and did not have a lot of the information you guys (the lists generally) have been clamoring for. SR did not have any scenarios, and much of the information was not there. Sure, Issaries *could* have published it a week after HW came out, but Greg thought a revision was in order...

> Since SGU and TR is pretty much critical for being able to play the
> usual kind of people running around Peloria and DP I thought they'd be
> out soon after the rules! If TR isn't out until next year I guess I'll
> have to invent all the keywords myself if I want to play a Lunar.

Hm, since there won't be any Lunar keywords in TR, you'll have to do it anyway, or buy the Lunar player book (whatever it's current title is). :-)

> Why should I buy TR and SGU after 10 months of playing with HW core
> and my homebrewed keywords? Somebody please tell Greg one potential
> customer is beginning to fall away...

Because they will include more than just keywords. Culture, History, Mythology, Attitudes, etc are included as well.

Roderick