Re: Re: skills questions

From: philip.hibbs_at_...
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 10:46:15 +0100

>if a PC tried to use the Orlanth Warrior Enchant Iron
>feat to augment Spear and Shield combat (and, of course,
>assuming that there is no iron in either), I would
>assign a -20 or more modifier.

With no iron? That's generous, I wouldn't allow it at all. Surely you can't use "Enchant Iron" to enchant bronze. Even at -20 with iron present, that's not too bad - someone with 20W would have a decent chance of getting a +2 augment. Actually, the negative for doing magic on unenchanted iron would make it harder, but the principle still applies, iron just isn't a good example for this purpose.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.