Re: Ambiguity & Berserker Magic

From: Alexandre Lanciani <alexanl_at_...>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 14:18:08 +0200

Philip Hibbs:

> Yes, there is ambiguity in Hero Wars. It is a deliberate design decision,
> and it isn't going to change.

[...]
> I say "Hurrah!" to Hero Wars!

        Very well said, Philip, even though I hope that designers do take into account the various POVs presented in this list's discussions. If the "deliberate design decision" (how alliterative!) wasn't liked by the majority of Glorantha fans, I hope they would change it. Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, it's OK.

        Actually, what bothers me (a little, just for the sake of hair-splitting) is that this ambiguity doesn't seem to extend to berserker magic, which has its own very well defined rules that aren't simple implementations of the magic meta-rules.

--
Regards,
Alexandre.

"Cinq milliards de races d'hommes sur Terre,
Est-ce assez pour croiser le fer...?"