Re: Thunderstone

From: Roy Wiseman <RoySubs_at_...>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 13:48:50 +0100

> Mikko:

> >> Yes, I think you're probably right, it would. I'd allow this feat to
be
> >> used to augment a storm summoning ritual.
> >
> >*ouch* This is exactly what I mean.
> >
> >My gamers know what a thunderstone is, and what it has been enchanted
> >for. Now they get to see that just because the enchanted slingstone is
> >called a thunderstone it can suddenly be used to summon thunder.
> >
> >This is past silly.

Mikael Raaterova:
> Why? A thunderstone carries the power of thunder. Why wouldn't you be
> able to use it to summon thunder?

Silly because the whole point of the argument is that we just don't know what in general a Thunderstone is. RQ3 had some description, but HW has none. It *could* be used to augment a summon storm, but should it? Does Enhance Gustbran actually enhance the god Gustbran? no. So should a Thunderstone summon Thunder or do what was described roughly in RQ3 (without the RQ3 mechanics)? There is NO answer given to say one way or the other...

Consider the following 3 questions from a young Orlanthi to his father:

This is past silly, no?