Re: Thunderstone

From: philip.hibbs_at_...
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 14:10:00 +0100

>- Son: "Daddy, what is a Thunderstone?", Dad: "Well, son, I canot
>tell you as I will be tried for heresy and hung!"
>
>This is past silly, no?

Yes, it is, but how does it relate to our rules discussion? I could make up any old gibberish, describe it as "past silly", and it wouldn't prove anything. What's your point? Nobody is suggesting that ambiguous rules represent forbidden knowledge in Glorantha. In my interpretation, different clans and tribes have different feats, some of which are called by similar or the same names, some of thich are the same feat under a different name. Having a definitive list that says "Orlanth warriors all across Glorantha all have these four strictly defined abilities: ...." severely detracts from Glorantha, IMO. I was never happy with the RuneQuest portrayal of armies clashing with half of the warriors on each side casting identical Bladesharp spells, and the other half all casting identical Fireblade spells, either. Those days are over, and good riddance.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.