Re: Thunderstone

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 16:09:17 -0000

I don't recall saying that, and if I did I was wrong!

I thought what I said was that I wouldn't interpret "Armour of Woad" as "Pickle of Invulnerability", or possibly that I couldn't see "Chainmail" as being a feat related to Bagog's movement affinity -  Doesn't mean you can't use them if you are comfortable with them though.

> on the RuneQuest portrayal, just STOP IT ok. I never said "RQ is
> better", so please stop putting words in my mouth!

It would be easier to do this if you didn't keep saying "Hero Wars doesnt define X, but RQ did, so HW is wrong and should have included the RQ descriptions so every one knew what they were talking about"

but saying what a broo or a Sunset Leap or a Thunderstone is
> has got NOTHING to do with the mechanics! Stop with the RuneQuest
> MECHANICS thing already!

Providing mechanics for Sunset Leap or a Thunderstone can only be to do with mechanics. If we say that a Thunderstone is a piece of stone imbued with the power of Thunder, that tells you what it is. It doesn't tell you how you can use it in a game, of course (but that would be mechanics)

> Of course a statement like "Orlanth warriors all across Glorantha
all
> have these four strictly defined abilities: ...." would be stupid.
> Did *I* suggest that? No (word-in-mouth-disease yet again). I agree
> that would be silly, but giving GENERAL DESCRIPTIONS of what an
> Orlanthi warrior could be like then gives a Narrator a good basis
> develop his own campaign. And guess what, the rule book covers
that!!!

Good. We must all be happy then!