Re: Occupied Sartar

From: philip.hibbs_at_...
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 17:42:55 +0100

>Has anybody (especially play tester) been playing in occupied
>Sartar or has everybody been busy with Demons and kite flying ?

Those scenarios are set in occupied Sartar, but I presume you mean: has much playtesting been done that involves Lunar occupiers? Robin's official playtest scenario featured a Lunar scholar in Sartar, and the political problems that could be caused by offing him were mentioned in the scenario, but that's the only mention that I've seen. What's your angle? If you are asking "Why are there no scenarios that pit Orlanthi against Lunar oppressors?", then the only thing that I can think of is that that might limit the audience to anti-lunar campaigns, whereas any Orlanthi would chase down a valuable magical kite. Besides, "fight the occupiers" scenarios can be done in any game world, and don't do much to highlight the wonderful and mysterious aspects of Glorantha. Then again, neither do Hound Tower or Sheepless Nights. Then again again, if every scenario were an insight into Gloranthan Weirdness, then people would rapidly get tired of weird scenarios, and gnash their teeth for something ordinary to kill.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.