Re: Thunderstone

From: Mikael Raaterova <ginijji_at_...>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 21:50:36 +0200

Mikko:

>Mikael Raaterova:
>> Why? A thunderstone carries the power of thunder. Why wouldn't you be
>> able to use it to summon thunder?
>
>Silly because the whole point of the argument is that we just don't know
>what in general a Thunderstone is.

In general we *do* know what a Thunderstone is. It is a Stone with the power of Thunder. You're worrying about details.

>It *could* be used to augment a summon storm, but should it?

I really don't think this should be determined at all. If *you* feel it shouldn't, disallow it or levy a penalty.

The RQ version of Thunderstone was a stone imbued with the power of Thunder, usable only for lobbing it at your enemies. The HW version is that you imbue a stone with the power of Thunder, usable for whatever is appropriate, which includes, but is not limited to, lobbing it at your foes.

>Does Enhance Gustbran actually enhance the god Gustbran? no. So should a
>Thunderstone summon Thunder or do what was described roughly in RQ3 (without
>the RQ3 mechanics)? There is NO answer given to say one way or the other...

Why do you feel this acute need to have everything determined and described? It boggles me.

Remember, just because something was determined in RQ doesn't mean that that description was actually correct or exhaustive.

--
-
Mikael Raaterova        [.sig omitted on legal advice]