Re: Equip with a spear; augmentation

From: TheCam_at_...
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 23:05:38 EDT

David Dunham:
>An approach I liked was to turn augmentation into a simple roll by
>applying the resistance as a penalty.

Wow! It's so simple that it just might work! I love the augmentation idea but that table just doesn't work. If the player and "resistence" both succeed, I don't think that the player should get a penalty just for rolling higher. I've been treating this as a tie.

It also eliminates GM (opps, "Narrator") rolls by basically turning this into a simple ability test. I need to figure out more areas where I can do this!!

I would still allow for the possibility of doubling (if you critical) or getting a penalty (if you fumble).

Camo