Re: Horse Archery

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 10:20:29 -0000

I'd be tempted to treat this differently. Humakti - action Challenge - simple contest resisted by Grazers "Horse Archer" (possibly at a penalty).

Success - The Grazers concentrate on the Humakti, allowing the others to reach cover.
Failure - The withdrawing actions of the other charactes will be resisted by the Grazers
Fumble - as above, but now the Humakti is at a penalty when he starts combat
Critical - As success but the Humakti gets a bonus when he starts combat...

> >This is an attempt to gain an edge. The Odaylan uses his 5W1 sneak
skill
> >to try for a +6 offensive edge. He gets a minor victory,
representing
> >him getting to a concealed firing position in range of the Grazers.
>
> That was lucky, 5w against 10w is pretty tricky

but its actually 5w vs 15 (5 reistance for every 2 pts of Edge)

> Aside from these minor quibbles, that was a great example!

I Agree - More examples would be a good thing to post! Even if we end up quibbling over the rules, at least it is in context rather than just a general moan!